Monday, August 23, 2010

TGI.Fridayss



It's been 3 weeks since baby started working, we're more or less adapted to having less time with one another. On the bright side, I felt that our dates have been more well planned and fun-er haha!. Baby gets tired faster nowadays but I understand that it's due to her waking up early in the morning to go to work.

I can be at her bedside at night, doing some things and the next moment when I turn around, she's already soundly asleep... looking at this little lamb hugging her little bolster, I'm suddenly reminded that this is the woman that God has given me. I'll be the one to shield and protect her when the tides are strong, be her pillar of support as she walks through valleys and dark times, be that valiant and reliable man because in due time when those marriage vows are exchanged, she will be placing her trust, her life, her everything into my hands.

It was a wonderful week of morning prayer meeting, starting the day by dedicating the mornings to Him. It was encouraging to see Heart of God church flooded with chc-ers praying and seeking God.

Friday was terribly rainy, it was a massive thunderstorm. If my umbrella was any bigger, the wind would have taken me away effortlessly. The rains subsided as the day drew to a close, went to pick my darling up from work. As usual, she took quite a while before coming down. So I did a little calculation just for fun.

I leave office @ latest 5.30pm (most of the time it’s around 4.30 to 5)

She knocks off @ 6pm

She takes 10 minutes to pack

An additional 10 minutes to queue up and visit the washroom

And Another 10 minutes to walk from her school to the MRT station

By the time I meet her, it’s already 6.30pm which means I have been waiting for at least an hour. I pick her from work 6 days every week because she’s working on Saturday as well.

This makes it 6 hours every week at minimum, 24 hours every month and finally 288 hours a year. Which also mean that every year, I’ll spend 12 days waiting for her. I’m such an awesome bf right? Hahahaha..kidding kidding :p

Honestly, nobody likes to wait, it’s just human nature that we want everything as fast as possible, that’s why instant noodles was invented. But I choose to wait for her and I want to because I wanna see her as soon as she knocks off. I miss her :), though it’s only 9 hours that we’re separated. It’s not like I can’t breathe without her beside me but there’s just this tinge of happiness and joy when I see her again. Enough to make me smile :) I’ve never regretted.

On another hand, I also get to train my patience tolerance and finish reading books that I’ve always wanted to while waiting for her. It’s a win-win situation, she gets to feel loved in a subtle kinda way and I finally managed to find time to read my books.

So on Friday, after I picked her up, we went to Santouka @ Clarke Quay Central to try out the Ramen. There was a queue when we reach, but it only took 10 minutes before we were seated. She ate the Shoyu base while I got the spicy one(can’t recall the name). Both of us agreed that it wasn’t as good as what we expected it to be.







Went down to the river bank to shop at the river market, baby bought a few blouses there for work :), after that we sat down by the river bank and it started drizzling. Saw a few river taxi passed by and somehow we just decided to hop on one of the river taxis. haha. It was my first time, while it was baby’s 3rd? Yea, so we got tickets for a one way 2-Quay ride which will take us from Clarke Quay to the Merlion.



Soon after we were handed the tix, we boarded the river taxi. There was some tourist from India that introduced himself to us, so we snapped a few photos with him. 5 minutes later when the boat was more or less filled, it left the dock and off we went for a mini Singapore River tour……

It was windy and the night scenery was just splendid, kinda romantic in a way. It was a short 15 minutes ride, upon reaching marina bay, I was talking to baby about how we could spend our anniversary at MBS by booking a room, swim in the infinity pool, enjoy the night view right from the infinity pool at the rooftop, dinner buffet etc..etc..

As I was talking..suddenly…BOOM..POCK POCK POCK……EEEEuuuuuuu..BOOM!… Guess what?! Fireworks?! Right infront of the boat…the fireworks launching platform was like 100 meters away? It was soo near and it was definitely a pretty sight with lasers and beam lights piercing through the sky. Think it was some YOG’s celebration… but anyway, the boat even stopped and everyone was just enjoying the fireworks. It lasted for around 10 minutes.








Right over our heads, the fireworks lit up the night sky in bright red,green and blue sparks. The deafening blasts echoed throughout the bay. For that moment, it already felt like we were having our anniversary celebration. We were just so blessed to be able to experience such a thing, I mean it was so coincidental that our boat was just passing by the marina bay area and the fireworks ignited just that very moment. It was so unexpected. A gift from God.

We alighted the boat and the whole area was covered with fog left by the fireworks. It made the merlion look sexy hahahaha. Then we saw the next boat that came by the corner of the bay, they missed the fireworks..awww..hahaha.

Man…It was a well worth $S8 river taxi ride hahaha.

So many things were happening in that area on that particular Friday, there were rock concerts going on outside esplanade. We made our way to the cookie museum inside, where we sampled some taste-bud tantalizing cookies, there was this blueberry one which tasted exceptionally well. Lastly there was the Asian taste section where we tried the nasi lemak one. Aiyooo…it didn’t taste like what we expect it to be, pretty spicy as well.

The waitress then offered us some sensational fruit tea that washed down the taste. The cookie and tea just complimented each other so well. The service was splendid and of class…eventhough we didn’t buy anything. Well, we wanted to…there was this western vintage kinda tea cup that baby wanted to get for her mummy. But there was no more stock and the display was a broken one that was pieced together lol. Oh and we met baby’s friend who was working there as well...I can’t remember her name again hahaha.

there you have it!…what a magical friday it was! *gasp

Cheerios

No comments:

Post a Comment