Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Convince me, why should I hire you?

Yesterday attended 2 interviews, one at Tras Street as an Secretary/Admin Assistant at the lawyer firm and another was at Raffles Hospital as a Policy Admin Executive... The interviewer at the lawyer firm allowed me to realize that I am not suitable to work in a lawyer firm as I am not good in numbers at all. Basically, it's their job for them to deals with numbers regularly, especially those BIG figures kind of numbers.... (He gave me a long case study, I see already, I almost faint... *haha)

The interview at Raffles hospital was really awesome, she ask me some questions which really allows me to do a little soul searching. She told me that this position is a very mundane job, which I will just have to do lots of admin stuffs which mainly involved of only data entry. She told me that if I were to take up the job, it will be contract based as many candidates can't take it, within 3 months, many left. Also, she asked me, by viewing at my resume, it shows that I am one outgoing candidate and I would prefer to choose perhaps events companies, hotels etc.. errr... how come I end up here being interview for such a mundane job?

Honestly, I was speechless.... Also, she kept asking me in the interview to convince her, why should we hire you? Firstly, no experience. Secondly, this isn't the job which is exciting, outgoing, customer oriented... it's kinda boring, 9am to 6pm job, everyday, it's the same assignments. You won't be interacting with anyone except perhaps just your colleagues. And at times, you may even need to do like lots of scanning for perhaps one whole month? Contract-based job. Are you really sure this is the job for you? She added on by saying, you are still so young, I believe that this isn't the kind of job you are looking for especially it will be officially your first job if you were to take up this job, what kind of job are you really looking for exactly?

Thought about it for a moment, and realised that I'm not sure at all what I really want. Which kind of job which I will really have the passion for it. It's now more towards just looking at the pay instead of the job description. I find ridiculous that now I am almost compromising for just the pay sake. Or at times, I am like so desperate for a job. Am I so in need of cash now? Why am I behaving this way? Why am I being compromise for this instead of waiting for God's ideal job for me? Thinking about it, I realised that I may not even be ready to go out to look for a job yet actually, because I don't know what is my passion and I don't know what kind of job am I actually looking at... Arrrr.....

haha... anyways, all these interviews arranged are like a wake up call for me...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment