Saturday, April 30, 2011

UOS Convocation

30 April 2010 marks an extremely significant day for me... 30 April 2010 is a day where I'll be holding my graduation ceremony at Stamford ballroom with my love ones and my fellow graduates. This day is a day of celebration!! And,I'm so honor to have such a day. Never do I expected that I do have such a day. All my hard work, all the struggles have been paid off and been all worth it. :)

Standing there as a graduate has always been my greatest desire. Alway wishing for such a day to fall in my life, thinking and thinking... envying others, asking when will be my day... Not just being there as an audience, but being there as one graduate. Indeed, God has been good to be me. He understands my desire and know where are all my limits.

Although many times, I may not understand his plan for me... I tend to grumble a lot, always asking " Why me?" "Why am I always in situations like this?" "Why do I have to face such a situation?" But now, I finally understands. God put us in a crisis not to pull us down, but to allow us to upgrade, to grow into a new level. These are our stepping stones and not stumbling stones.

I felt so amazed at the hands of God. I am a person who can merely pass my PSLE... Who can merely pass my secondary school exams... a person who can't even get into polytechnic... and now I am a graduate who got 2nd class honors, Bsc in science, travel, tourism and hospitality. I am proud to say that I am a degree holder as well ! :)

Indeed, God has turns things around. Remembering the pasts, when I teared so many times due to my poor academic results. Remembering the times, when I am being looked down upon others, by my friends, by my relatives, by my love ones... Remembering the times, when I found myself being in no where, being so disgrace, and ashamed of. Remembering the times when I just wanted to give up. Remembering the times, when I feel so low upon myself, feeling so useless, so failure, even being as a human, not saying God's child.

Truly, God has never let me down. Not even once...

I always compared... I always questioned God... I always complained...

But he is faithful, forgiving, loving... He never forsake me when I am through my valley. He is there, reminding me a picture of a skinny, bony and weak person, carrying a big heavy stone on his back... It speaks of me being so weak, yet trying to use my strength to carry all these burden, but God wants me to let go of these burdens and trust him instead. To carry his yoke and his burden instead.

Matt 11:30, For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

These few months have not been an easy one for me... I have change my job, taking up more responsibility at my workplace. Also I have to take up more roles in my ministry, and even in my finances, I am being stretched so much.

Although, I have been stretched so much and even in the midst of all these stretching now, I know that through it all, God is there for me... He is there, even though I may not know, may not even feel his presence as I am too busy in my life and stuff, but he is always there. Guiding all my footsteps. Every step I walked, he is there to lead.

Thank you Jesus! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment