Had my quiet time after a long while. The holy spirit spoke to me one word. "PEACE"
In Matt 11:28-30, it says " Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
I have just completed a contract job over at SAA Global Education. Seriously, I have no idea what I wanted. Steve Job reminded me that your career will take up 3/4 of your lifetime, so choose 1 which you like, and you have passion for ! When I saw this, immediately, I decided to reject a job opportunity at Ascensia Education Group. The thought of me even joining the company, back to course scheduling and all gave me a shivered.
This also reminds me on the entire procedure which took place before I finally get into my very first relationship with Samuel. I was praying and praying. Being so desperate in getting one awesome boyfriend. I remembered the times when I was so so so stressed up with myself, with God, with everyone around me.
I started to be so frustrated that I questioned God, as the bible says " Put first the kingdom of God, and all righteousness will be added upon you". "I put you first in my priority, being so faithful in all my giving, no matter whether it's my time, or my money, or even my effort. So Where is HE ?"
Then at one meeting, pastor reminded us that when we pray, we got to be SPECIFIC. So in my mind, I was thinking... "ah.. that must be the reason why..." So... I listed down the criteria that I wanted to see in my coming boyfriend.
- He got to be TALL
- He got to be SMART
- He got to be a CHRISTIAN, who loves the Lord
- He got to LOVE ME more than I love him
- He got to be GOOD-LOOKING
- He got to have a GOOD FAMILY BACKGROUND
- He got to have A GOOD CHARACTER
Hmm.. Perhaps, I should also start to do the same for my career.
Dear Jesus, I would like to thank you for reminding me so much of your goodness, love and mercy you have for me. I just want to lift up my career to your hands. O Lord, I plead you to give me one which has all the following criteria below:
- The job scope got to be something which I have PASSION for and something that gives me A LOT OF POTENTIAL to unleashed.
- The working hours is 5 DAYS and from 9AM to 6PM and given OT PAY & TIME OFF when necessary.
- The Pay is something that HIGHER THAN MY EXPECTATION
- The Supervisor, Heads, Directors are PEOPLE WHO ARE GREAT LEADERS and CHARACTERS, and they will be NICE PEOPLE TO SOCIALIZED WITH
- The location is NEAR TO MY HOUSE, with DIRECT BUS
- The Company is HIGHLY ESTABLISHED and the management is like a FAMILY
- The Colleagues working in the company will be MORE THAN WILLING TO TEACH, MORE THAN WILLING TO WELCOME ME and to GET TO KNOW ME.
In Jesus's precious name I pray,
Amen.
GOD IS ABLE.
Verse 1
God is able
He will never fail
He is Almighty God
Greater than all we seek
Greater than all we ask
He has done great things
Chorus 1
Lifted up He defeated the grave
Raised to life our God is able
In His Name we overcome
For the Lord our God is able
Verse 2
God is with us
God is on our side
He will make a way
Far above all we know
Far above all we hope
He has done great things
Bridge
God is with us
He will go before
He will never leave us
He will never leave us
God is for us
He has open arms
He will never fail us
He will never fail us
Ending
For the Lord our God is able
For the Lord our God is able
© 2010 Hillsong Publishing (APRA). Admin in the US and Canada at EMICMGPublishing.com. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
No comments:
Post a Comment